he BMW R nine T Scrambler
Powerful, robust, creative
The R nineT Scrambler knows no conventions: rough, unadapted, individual. Its handling is balanced and unique. With the boxer, you can ride around with your head held high, it is available for every spontaneity. And the typical Scrambler look together with the relaxed seating position makes a lot of difference - and above all is a lot of fun. Design your R nineT Scrambler so that it fits perfectly into your life. No matter what the others say. Just typical #Soulfuel.
- Telescopic forks with gaiters: Protects against dust, sand, gravel. And for the typical Scrambler look: The gaiters protect the fork tubes from dirt.
- Rough-toothed footrests: Swerve with grip. The striking footrests are not only visually convincing, they give you more support during your riding maneuvers.
- Boxer engine: The air/oil-cooled boxer has long been an icon. Now with newly designed cylinder head covers and throttle body: tidy, reduced, impressive - a clear statement.
- Tank shape and air box cover: The design of the tank and air box cover emphasizes the casual character of the bike and make them absolutely unforgettable.
- Classic round instrument speedometer: Reduced, analog, clear. This way you have everything you need to know at a glance. Nothing more, nothing less.
- Elevated exhaust system: Unmistakable Scrambler: the prominent exhaust system. The deep boxer sound comes from two pipes.
- Seat in patented leather style: The appearance is convincing. No matter whether you ride sitting or standing.
- LED headlights and turn signal indicators: Classic meets modern: the iconic round headlamp with lamp mask and LED techonology is coupled with LED flashing turn indicators.
- Type: Air/oil-cooled two-cylinder, four-stroke boxer engine with two camshafts and four radially arranged valves per cylinder as well as central counterbalance shaft
- Bore x stroke: 101 mm x 73 mm
- Capacity: 1,170 cc
- Rated output: 109 hp at 7,250 rpm
- Max. torque: 85 lbs-ft. at 6,000 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.0 : 1
- Mixture control: Electronic port fuel injection
- Emission Control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-5
Performance / Fuel Consumption
- Maximum speed: over 124 mph
- Fuel type: Unleaded super(premium)
- Alternator: Three-phase alternator with 720 Watt nominal power
- Battery: 12 V / 12 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Single dry plate clutch, hydraulically operated
- Gearbox: Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth
- Drive: Shaft drive
Chassis / Brakes
- Frame: Three-section frame consisting of one front and two rear sections, load-bearing engine-gearbox unit, removeable pillion frame for single ride use
- Front wheel location / suspension: Telescopic forks with 43 mm fixed-tube diameter
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Cast aluminum single swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; central spring strut, spring preload steplessly adjustable by hook wrench, rebound-stage damping adjustable
- Suspension travel, front / rear: 4.9" / 5.5"
- Wheelbase: 60.1"
- Caster: 4.4"
- Steering head angle: 61.5°
- Wheels: Cast wheels
- Rim, front: 3.00 x 19"
- Rim, rear: 4.50 x 17"
- Tire, front: 120/70 R 19
- Tire, rear: 170/60 R 17
- Brake, front: Twin-disc brakes, diameter 12.6", 4-piston calipers
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 10.4", double-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad ABS Pro
Dimensions / Weights
- Seat height: 32.3"
- Inner leg curve: 72.0"
- Usable tank volume: 4.5 gal.
- Reserve: app. 0.9 gal.
- Length: 85.6"
- Height (incl. mirrors): 52.4"
- Width (incl. hand levers): 34.1"
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fueled: 492 lbs.
- Permitted total weight: 948 lbs.
- Payload (with standard equipment): 456 lbs.
- LED headlights
- Speedometer with on-board computer
- Ride Modes: Rain & Road
- Automatic Stability Control (ASC)
- Drivetrain and final drive in black
- USB charging socket