The BMW S 1000 R
Awaken the Daredevil
The air is filled with the smell of gas. An engine revs up. Pure power unfolds. Showtime for the BMW S 1000 R. Dynamic Roadster outside, Superbike DNA inside. The chassis and engine carry the genes of the RR. Ultra agile, ultra precise. 165 hp carrying 430 lbs. Even more sophisticated, even more aggressive. For the first time with the optional M Package including M colors and M carbon wheels. Ready for the ultimate challenge. #NeverStopChallenging.
- LED lighting system: Good visibility now comes as standard thanks to LED technology. Available Headlight Pro and Adaptive headlight.
- Available M Endurance Chain: Improved efficiency with reduced maintenance requirements thanks to a low-friction DLC coating.
- M Package with M colors: Up to 11 lbs. less weight with available M Forged wheels and an exclusive accompaniment: the iconic M colors.
- Engine: Superbike splendor meets roadster punch. With torque-optimized 165 hp.
- M Carbon Wheels: Minimal mass rotation. Maximum agility. And, thanks to thicker brake discs, braking is no issue even on the most challenging tracks in the world.
- TFT display: 6.5 inch and connectivity is standard. With two core screens. And a third in the M Package - like with the RR. Including route planning via the BMW Connected App.
- Keyless Ride Light: Ready to start at any time. No more searching in your pockets for the key.
- Titanium Sports Silencer: For a sportier sound and less weight.
- Type: Oil/water-cooled four-cylinder four-stroke in-line engine with four valves per cylinder
- Bore x stroke: 80 mm x 49.7 mm
- Capacity: 999 cc
- Rated output: 165 hp at 11,000 rpm
- Max. torque: 84 lbs-ft. at 9,250 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.5 : 1
- Mixture control: Electronic port fuel injection, BMS-K+ electronic engine management with RPM cut-off, twin-spark ignition: BMS-O with ride by wire.
- Emission control: Regulated three-way catalytic converter
Performance / Fuel Consumption
- Maximum speed: Over 124 mph
- Fuel type: Unleaded Premium
- Alternator: Permanent magnet generator with 450 W (nominal capacity)
- Battery: 12 V / 8 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Multi-disc oil bath (anti-hopping) with self-reinforcement
- Gearbox: Synchromesh six-speed gearbox, built into engine housing
- Drive: Chain 525 17/45
- Traction control: DTC
Chassis / Brakes
- Frame: Bridge-type aluminum laminate frame with load-bearing engine
- Front wheel location / suspension: Upside-down telescopic fork with a diameter of 1.8", spring preload and adjustable rebound and compression stage
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Aluminum swingarm, central shock absorber, adjustable rebound and compression damping and adjustable spring preload
- Suspension travel, front / rear: 4.7"/ 4.6"
- Wheelbase: 57.0"
- Caster: 3.8"
- Steering head angle: 65.8°
- Wheels: Cast aluminum
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17"
- Rim, rear: 6.00 x 17"
- Tire, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear tires (with M wheels): 190/55 ZR 17 (200/55 ZR 17)
- Brake, front: Twin-disc brake with a diameter of 12.6", four-piston fixed caliper
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake with a diameter of 8.7", one-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad Integral ABS, partial integral
Dimension / Weights
- Seat height: 32.7" (OE seat low: 31.9", OE seat high: 33.5")
- Inner leg curve: 72.2" (OE low seat: 71.4", OE high seat: 73.1" )
- Usable tank volume: 4.4 gal.
- Reserve: approx. 1 gal.
- Length: 82.3"
- Height (excl. mirrors): 43.9"
- Width: 31.9"
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 438.7 lbs. (with M Package including M Carbon Wheels: 427.7 lbs.)
- Permitted total weight: 899.4 lbs.
- Payload (with standard equipment): 458.5.lbs.
- Full LED lighting
- Six-axis sensor incl. ABS Pro & DTC
- Three Ride Modes (Rain, Road, Dynamic, incl. HSC)
- TFT display with connectivity
- Adjustable handlebar position