Rob the scene
Powerful. Muscular. But also agile and effective between the curves for maximum riding enjoyment.
The Diavel 1260 combines the performance of a maxi-naked with the ergonomics of a muscle cruiser. Its design reinterprets the Diavel style with a contemporary look and integrates perfectly the 159 HP Testastretta DVT 1262 engine, beating heart of this new Diavel 1260
The novelty of the Model Year 22 is characterized by the choice of asymmetrical and refined graphics that combine glossy grey and matt black as the main colors, to which are added sporty touches in yellow, including the frame, the lower part of the tail, the dedicated seat badge and some details of the bike.
The Diavel 1260 S “Black and Steel” joins the S version in Thrilling Black & Dark Stealth color with red frame and black wheels, will be available in dealerships later on in 2021. The standard version is available in Dark Stealth color with black frame and black wheels.
- A contemporary character: Muscular lines and an imposing front bring out the strong and restless personality of the new Diavel, featuring a long, slender rear with a 240 mm rear wheel. The S version with the distinctive golden Öhlins suspensionsis the maximum expression of the decisive and refined style of the Diavel 1260. A new sporty Diavel 1260 S, without sacrificing the style that distinguishes it.
- The engine is the king: The new Diavel is built around the Testastretta DVT 1262 engine, a beacon of power, beauty and sophistication. Its 152 hp translate to unbelievable acceleration and pick-up, while the flat and consistent torque curve since low rpm allows steady and easy to handle delivery. The Ride by Wire (RbW) control matched with three Riding Modes and three Power Modes allows to personalise engine responsiveness. A true beauty, as far as mechanics and design go, and a real game changer on the road.
- Riding pleasure at its best: Sportiness and comfort meet in the new Diavel. The trellis frame ensure lightness and torsional rigidity, while the adjustable fork provides comfort and stability. The care devoted to ergonomics is complemented by the perfect combination of a higher handlebar, a lower seat and central footpegs, with a comfortable and versatile riding position. The S version is fitted with Öhlins suspensions, for a guaranteed fun and an exciting riding experience.
- Cheeky elegance: The new Diavel is an ode to elegance and sophisticated details: carbon fibre components and a finely stitched premium quality seat complement the Diavel’s outstanding style. An aggressive character, with no compromises, as Marchesini forged rims and the Thrilling Black & Dark Stealth liveries testify. The Daytime Running Light (DRL) headlight, available on the S version, is an unmistakeable hallmark of the new Diavel.
- Type: Testastretta DVT 1262, V2 - 90°, 4 valves per cylinder, Desmodromic Variable Timing, Dual Spark, liquid cooled
- Displacement: 1,262 cc (77.0 cu in)
- Bore X Stroke: 106 x 71.5 mm
- Compression Ratio: 13.0 : 1
- Power: *116 kW (157 hp) @ 9,250 rpm
- Torque: 129 Nm (95 lb-ft, 13.1 kgm) @ 7,500 rpm
- Fuel Injection: Bosch electronic fuel injection system, Øeq 56 mm elliptical throttle bodies with Ride-by-Wire system.
- Exhaust System: Stainless steel muffler, catalytic converter and 2 lambda probes
- Gearbox: 6 speed
- Primary Drive: Straight cut gears, Ratio 1.84:1
- Ratios: 1=37/15, 2=30/17, 3=27/20, 4=24/22, 5=23/24, 6=22/25
- Final Drive: Chain, Front sprocket Z15, Rear sprocket Z43
- Clutch: Slipper and self-servo wet multiplate clutch with hydraulic control
- Frame: Tubular steel trellis frame
- Front Suspension: Ø 50 mm adjustable Marzocchi fork
- Front Wheel: Light alloy casted 3.5"x17"
- Front Tire: Pirelli Diablo Rosso III 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Suspension: Monoshock, preload and rebound adjustable, Aluminum casted single-sided swingarm
- Rear Wheel: Light alloy casted 8.0"x17"
- Rear Tire: Pirelli Diablo Rosso III 240/45 ZR17
- Wheel Travel (Front/Rear): 120 mm / 130 mm (4.7 in / 5.1 in)
- Front Brake: 2 x Ø 320 mm semi-floating discs, Radially mounted Brembo monobloc 4-piston M4.32 callipers, PR18/19 radial master cylinder, Bosch Cornering ABS Evo
- Rear Brake: Ø 265 mm disc, Brembo 2-piston floating calliper, Cornering ABS
- Instrumentation: 3.5" TFT color display and dedicated warning light display
Dimensions and Weights
- Dry Weight: 221 kg (487 lb)
- Kerb Weight: 247 kg (544 lb)
- Wet Weight (No Fuel): 233 kg (514 lb)
- Seat Height: 780 mm (30.7 in)
- Wheelbase: 1,600 mm (63.0 in)
- Rake: 27°
- Trail: 120 mm (4.7 in)
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 17 l (4.5 US Gal)** ** 16 l (4.2 US Gal) for US/Canada/Mexico version
- Number of Seats: 2
- Safety Equipment: Riding Modes, Power Modes, Cornering ABS, Ducati Traction Control, Ducati Wheelie Control, full-LED lighting system, Daytime Running Light****
- Standard Equipment: Ducati Power Launch, cruise control, hands-free, backlit handlebar switches, 3.5" TFT colour display
- Provided Equipment: -
- Ready for: Ducati Quick Shift, Ducati Multimedia System
- Warranty: 24 months, Unlimited mileage
- Service Interval: 15,000 km (9,000 miles) / 12 months
- Valve Clearance Check: 30,000 km (18,000 miles)