The ultimate Scrambler, and the real deal for road and full-on off-road adventures. The new 1200 XE has the capability to take the rough with the smooth.
- 1200 Hp Engine: Updated with a dedicated scrambler tune, for a smooth, torque-rich delivery from the iconic 1200cc Bonneville twin.
- Enhanced Twin High Level Exhaust: The deep, scrambler tune from the signature twin high-level exhaust now features improved heat distribution for enhanced rider comfort.
- Class Leading Technology: Cruise control, ride-by-wire, Scrambler-specific riding modes, ABS and easy-to-read TFT instruments bring class-leading technology to this modern classic.
- Riding Modes: In addition to the Road, Rain, Sport, Off-Road and Rider-Configurable riding modes, the XE features ‘Off-Road Pro' for full on Scrambler fun.
- Full Color TFT: Easy to read in all light conditions, the Scrambler's advanced full-color TFT display can be configured to suit you and your riding needs.
- Illuminated Switches: Intuitively designed, the Scrambler's switches are backlit for easy, at-a-glance rider control, perfect for even the darkest adventures.
- Specification & Capability: The Scrambler's category-dominating specification and high-end equipment deliver all-road capability for an adventure riding experience like no other.
- Dedicated Scrambler Frame: The dedicated frame and long travel aluminum swing arm are designed for pure scrambler performance when the going gets tough.
- Optimized Cornering: Optimized cornering traction control and ABS, supported by an IMU, deliver the optimum performance at all lean angles, for a class-leading and confidence-inspiring ride.
- Class-Leading Suspension: Premium Showa forks and twin spring Öhlins RSUs give 7.87 inches of wheel travel (9.84 inches on the XE) for precise, comfortable and confident riding on all surfaces.
- Premium Braking: Category-leading Brembo Monobloc M50 front calipers with twin 320mm floating discs and ABS deliver assured braking power in all conditions.
Engine & Transmission
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 8 valve, SOHC, 270° crank angle parallel-twin
- Capacity: 1200 cc
- Bore: 3.84 in. (97.6 mm)
- Stroke: 3.15 in. (80 mm)
- Compression: 11.0:1
- Max Power EC: 89Hp (66.2kW) @7,400rpm
- Max Torque EC: 81.1 FT-lb. (110Nm) @ 3,950 rpm
- System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection
- Exhaust: Brushed 2 into 2 exhaust system with brushed high level silencers
- Final Drive: X ring chain
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate assist clutch
- Gearbox: 6-speed
- Frame: Tubular steel with aluminum cradle
- Swingarm: Twin-sided, aluminum
- Front Wheel: Tubeless 36-spoke 21 x 2.15in, aluminum rims
- Rear Wheel: Tubeless 32-spoke 17 x 4.25in, aluminum rims
- Front Tire: 90/90-21
- Rear Tire: 150/70 R17
- Front Suspension: Showa 47mm fully adjustable upside down forks, 250mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Fully adjustable Ohlins twin shocks with piggy back reservoir, 250mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes: Twin 320mm Brembo discs, Brembo M50 4-piston radial monobloc calipers, ABS
- Rear Brakes: Single 255mm disc, Brembo 2-piston floating caliper, ABS
- Instrument Display and Functions: TFT multifunctional instrument pack with digital speedometer, trip computer, digital tachometer, gear position indicator, fuel gauge, service indicator, clock and rider modes (Rain/Road/Sport/Off-road/Rider-Customisable)
Dimensions & Weights
- Width Handlebars: 35.6 in. (905mm)
- Height Without Mirror: 49.2 in. (1250mm)
- Seat Height: 34.2 in. (870mm)
- Wheelbase: 61.8 in. (1570mm)
- Rake: 26.9 º
- Trail: 5.09 in. (129.2mm)
- Dry Weight: 456 lb. (207kg)
- Tank Capacity: 4.2 US gal (16l)