All-new in every dimension, the Speed Triple 1200 RS delivers an absolute revolution in terms of Speed Triple power, performance, handling and technology.
- All-New Triple Engine: The 1160cc triple engine is new from the ground up, developed using insight from our Moto2™ race engine program, and significantly more compact, lighter and more responsive, giving an incredibly exhilarating ride.
- Triple Power: Delivering 177 HP peak power, 29 HP more than the previous generation, and 92 LB-FT peak torque, the triple engine is more responsive and higher revving, for a revolution in Speed Triple performance.
- New 5" TFT Display: All-new 5" TFT instruments feature an optically bonded screen for excellent visibility, and an improved user interface for easy adjustment of key riding mode parameters while moving, plus a lap timer for track use.
- Agile And Precise Handling: The most agile, precise, and dynamic handling Speed Triple ever, with an all-new lightweight chassis, all-new rider ergonomics and a more dominant and purposeful riding position.
- Lightest Speed Triple Ever: With a wet weight of just 436.5 lbs, down 22 lbs thanks to an all-new chassis and significantly lighter engine, the new Speed Triple 1200 RS was designed to feel just as agile and dynamic to ride as a Street Triple RS.
- New Premium Components: Performance tuned fully adjustable Öhlins suspension, Brembo Stylema calipers and Metzeler RACETEC RR tires combine to deliver the optimum balance of performance and control.
- Purposeful Riding Position: Wider handlebars and an all-new seat profile deliver a much more dynamic and natural riding position, while the footpegs are moved inboard to improve ground clearance without compromising legroom.
- Rider -Focused Technology: With Triumph's latest generation switchable Optimized Cornering Traction Control, Optimized Cornering ABS, Front Wheel Lift Control, Shift Assist up and down quickshifter, 5 riding modes, and full keyless system.
- My Triumph Connectivity: Fitted as standard for the first time on a Speed Triple, the My Triumph Connectivity System allows smartphone integration for turn-by-turn navigation, GoPro control, phone control, and music operation.
- New LED Lighting: Stunning new distinctive lighting signatures in the twin LED headlights and LED tail light not only look great, but also increase visibility when riding. Slim, self-cancelling indicators are fitted as standard.
Engine & Transmission
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, inline 3-cylinder
- Capacity: 1160 cc
- Bore: 90.0
- Stroke: 60.8
- Compression: 13.2:1
- Max Power EC: 180 PS / 177.5 bhp (132.4 kW) @ 10,750 rpm
- Max Torque EC: 92 lbft @ 9,000 rpm
- System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with electronic throttle control
- Exhaust: Stainless steel 3 into 1 header system with underslung primary silencer and side mounted secondary silencer
- Final Drive: X-ring chain
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate, slip
- Gearbox: 6 speed
- Frame: Aluminum twin spar frame, bolt-on aluminium rear subframe
- Swingarm: Aluminum, single-sided
- Front Wheel: Cast Aluminum, 17 x 3.50 in
- Rear Wheel: Cast Aluminum, 17 x 6.00 in
- Front Tire: Metzeler Racetec RR K3 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Tire: Metzeler Racetec RR K3 190/55 ZR17
- Front Suspension: Ohlins 43 mm NIX30 upside down forks with adjustable preload, rebound and compression damping, 120 mm travel.
- Rear Suspension: Öhlins TTX36 twin tube monoshock with preload, rebound and compression damping, 120 mm rear wheel travel.
- Front Brakes: Twin 320mm floating discs. Brembo Stylema monobloc calipers, OC-ABS, radial master cylinder with separate reservoir, span
- Rear Brakes: Single 220mm disc. Brembo twin piston caliper, OC-ABS. Rear master cylinder with separate reservoir.
- Instrument Display and Functions: Full-color 5" TFT instruments
Dimensions & Weights
- Width Handlebars: 31.2 in. (792 mm)
- Height Without Mirror: 42.9 in. (1089 mm)
- Seat Height: 32.7 in. (830 mm)
- Wheelbase: 56.9 in. (1445 mm)
- Rake: 23.9 º
- Trail: 4.1 in. (104.7 mm)
- Tank Capacity: 4.1 US gal (15.5 litres)
- Wet Weight: 437 lb. (198kg)