The benchmark modern classic sports icon. Now with upgraded chassis components and a more responsive, more powerful engine for the ultimate in character and performance.
- Suspension: Tuned to deliver class-leading handling, the Speed Twin's new 43mm Marzocchi upside down cartridge forks are matched with twin rear shocks for 120mm of controlled damping and a confidence-inspiring ride.
- Braking: Confident and assured braking comes courtesy of powerful new premium specification Brembo four-piston M50 radial monobloc calipers, high performance 320mm floating discs and the latest generation ABS.
- Engine: A significant engine update brings a 3 HP increase in top-end power, more mid-range torque and reduced inertia for improved responsiveness.
- Ergonomics: The Speed Twin's engaging roadster ergonomics and relaxed seating, footpeg and handlebar setup give a comfortable and commanding upright riding position, enhancing its modern sports-focused performance.
- Handling: Engaging ergonomics and a dedicated roadster-focused chassis combine with new high-specification suspension and tires to deliver the Speed Twin's confidence-inspiring, agile and intuitive handling.
- Instruments: The contemporary, feature-packed twin clocks display all the vital info via an easy-to-navigate menu system that is accessed by a handlebar-mounted scroll button.
- Modern Capability: Upgraded riding modes, alongside traction control, LED lighting and a light-action torque-assist clutch are elegantly integrated with minimal visual impact for maximum rider safety and enjoyment.
- Riding Modes: Three upgraded riding modes, each now with dedicated throttle map and traction control setting, allow changes to be made at the touch of a button to suit conditions and rider preference.
- Silencers: Engineered for performance and aesthetics, the brushed stainless steel headers and new twin upswept silencers deliver style and the unmistakable Speed Twin soundtrack.
- Wheels & Tires: New Metzeler Racetec RR tires fitted to the stylish new lightweight cast aluminum 12-spoke wheels deliver the perfect mix of grip, high-speed stability and handling agility.
Engine & Transmission
- Type: Liquid cooled, 8 valve, SOHC, 270° crank angle parallel twin
- Capacity: 1200 cc
- Bore: 97.6
- Stroke: 80
- Compression: 12.1:1
- Max Power EC: 100 PS / 98.6 bhp (73.6 kW) @ 7250 rpm
- Max Torque EC: 83 ft-lb (112 Nm) @ 4250 rpm
- System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection
- Exhaust: Brushed stainless steel 2 into 2 exhaust system with twin silencers
- Final Drive: O ring chain
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate torque assist clutch
- Gearbox: 6-speed
- Frame: Tubular steel, with steel cradles
- Swingarm: Twin sided aluminium
- Front Wheel: Cast aluminium alloy 17" x 3.5"
- Rear Wheel: Cast aluminium alloy 17" x 5.0"
- Front Tire: 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Tire: 160/60 ZR17
- Front Suspension: Ø 43mm USD Marzocchi forks, 120mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Twin RSUs with adjustable preload, 120mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes: Twin Ø 320mm discs, Brembo M50 4-piston radial monobloc calipers, ABS
- Rear Brakes: Single Ø 220mm disc, Nissin 2-piston floating caliper, ABS
- Instrument Display and Functions: Twin dial analogue speedometer and tachometer with LCD multi-functional displays
Dimensions & Weights
- Width Handlebars: 30.6 in. (778 mm)
- Height Without Mirror: 43.2 in. (1097 mm)
- Seat Height: 31.9 in. (809 mm)
- Wheelbase: 55.6 in. (1413 mm)
- Rake: 22.3 º
- Trail: 3.6 in. (91.5 mm)
- Tank Capacity: 3.8 US gal (14.5 litres)
- Wet Weight: 476 lb. (216 kg)
- Fuel Consumption: 41.8 mpg (US gal)