The BMW K 1600 B
Option 719 Midnight special edition
Do you prefer being an individual or genuinely unique? You decide. Our response: we have applied the complex water transfer process for the first time in motorcycle series production and this paint makes every bike unique. Option 719 Midnight depicts an entire galaxy. It represents an infinite number of places and spaces to discover. Each of its stars is unique and forms part of a bigger picture.
- Type: Oil/water-cooled, six-cylinder, four-stroke, in-line engine with four valves per cylinder
- Bore x stroke: 72 mm x 67.5 mm
- Capacity: 1,649 cc
- Rated output: 160 hp at 6,750 rpm
- Max. torque: 132.7 lbs. at 5,250 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.2 : 1
- Mixture control: Electronic intake pipe injection digital engine management system: BMS-O with throttle-by-wire
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter
Performance / Fuel Consumption
- Maximum speed: 120+ mph
- Maximum speed with floorboards: 111 mph
- Fuel type: Unleaded super (max. 15 % Ethanol, E15) / ROZ 95 / 90 AKI
- Alternator: Three-phase alternator with 700 W (nominal power)
- Battery: 12 V / 16 Ah
- Clutch: Multiple-disc clutch in oil bath
- Gearbox: 6-speed, helical, gearbox
- Drive: Shaft drive
Chassis / Brakes
- Frame: Bridge-type frame, cast aluminum, load-bearing engine
- Front wheel location / suspension: BMW Motorrad Duolever; central spring strut
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Cast aluminum single-sided swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; central spring strut
- Suspension travel, front / rear: 4.5" / 5.3"
- Wheelbase: 63.7"
- Castor: 4.2"
- Steering head angle: 62.2°
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17“
- Rim, rear: 6.00 x 17“
- Tire, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tire, rear: 190/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Dual disc brake, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston fixed calipers
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 320 mm, double-piston caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad Integral ABS Pro (part-integral, slant-layer-optimized)
Dimension / Weights
- Seat height: 29.5"
- Inner leg curve: 69.3"
- Usable tank volume: approx. 7 gal.
- Reserve: approx. 1 gal.
- Length (over side case): 97.2"
- Height (at windshield): 52.7" - 56.7"
- Width (incl. side cases): 39.4"
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 758.4 lbs.
- Permitted total weight: 1,234.6 lbs.
- Payload (with standard equipment): 476.1 lbs.
- 10.25-Inch Color-TFT display with connectivity and integrated map-navigation (by BMW Motorrad Connected App)
- Charging storage for mobile phones (USB-C)
- Fully LED headlight with light icon and adaptive cornering light
- Double tone fanfare
- 4 configurable favorite button cluster
- Dynamic traction control (DTC)
- 3 Ride Modes: Rain, Road und Dynamic
- Engine brake control (MSR)
- Dynamic ESA (electronic suspension adjustment with automatic load leveling)
- Hill Start Control (HSC Pro)
- Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM)
- Reverse Assist
- Heated grips
- Seat heating
- Side cases