Exploration. Fun. Performance. And a great desire to take and leave towards the horizon. The identity of this bike leaves no room for doubt: just looking at it, it brings you into the atmosphere of Dakar racing.
DesertX is the first modern Ducati with 21 "front wheel and 18" rear, long stroke suspension and a new frame designed specifically for the off-road experience.
Technology for the adventure of a lifetime.
We worked by drawing on the best of our knowledge in terms of ergonomics, engine, aerodynamics and electronics. And we developed a new specific chassis for off-road.
DesertX is functional, a 'sport tool', competent, technologically advanced and effective like all Ducatis.
- Off-road chassis: 21” front and 18” rear wheels, long stroke suspension, generous ground clearance (9.8 in) and an off-road frame designed and tested to withstand the toughest conditions.
- Ergonomics optimized for every condition: Ergonomics and aerodynamic study give life to a motorcycle that has off-road as a natural territory and at the same time remains comfortable, easy and safe for urban commuting and long travels.
- Advanced electronics, dedicated to versatility: The versatility of DesertX is also reflected in the Riding Modes: there's 6 of them, with Enduro and Rally dedicated specifically to the off-road riding experience.
- Lightweight engine tuned for off-road use: DesertX is equipped with the latest evolution of the 937 cc Testastretta 11th desmo, lighter by 3.7 lb compared to the previous generation and equipped with a new gear ratio to ensure the best off-road behavior.
- Post-heritage minimal: The aesthetic of DesertX manages to combine the suggestion of the "Dakarians" with an almost touch interface feeling. It is post-heritage and digital at the same time
- Essential and robust: The bike is visually composed of 3 macro elements: a single central volume, the saddle and the windshield that integrates the double headlight. A “Robust Design” effect that combines form and function.
- Designed for comfort: The surfaces in contact with the rider are wide and well connected, allowing movement in various directions with the highest level of comfort, especially in off-road riding.
- Type: Ducati Testastretta 11°, L-Twin cylinders, Desmodromic valvetrain, 4 valves per cylinder, liquid cooled
- Displacement: 937 cc
- Bore x Stroke: 94 x 67.5 mm
- Compression Ratio: 13.3:1
- Power: 110 hp (81 kW) @ 9,250 rpm
- Torque: 92 Nm (68 lb-ft, 9.4 kgm) @ 6,500 rpm
- Fuel Injection: Bosch electronic fuel injection system, Ø53 mm throttle bodies with ride-by-wire system
- Exhaust: Stainless steel single mufler, catalytic converter and 2 lambda probes
- Gearbox: 6 speeds
- Primary drive: Straight cut gears, ratio 1.85 : 1
- Ratio: 1=38/14, 2=31/17, 28=28/20, 4=26/22, 5=24/23, 6=23/25
- Final drive: Chain, front sprocket Z15, rear sprocket Z49
- Clutch: Slipper and self-servo wet multiplate clutch with hydraulic control
- Frame: Tubular steel trellis frame
- Front suspension: KYB Ø 46 mm upside-down fork, fully adjustable
- Front Wheel: Cross-spoked, tubeless, 2.15’’x21’’
- Front Tyre: Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR 90/90 - 21 M/C 54V M+S TL (A)
- Rear suspension: KYB monoshock, fully adjustable, remote preload adjustment, aluminium double-sided swingarm
- Rear Wheel: Cross-spoked, tubeless, 4.5’’x18’’
- Rear Tyre: Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR 150/70 R18 M/C 70V M+S TL
- Wheel Travel (Front/Rear): 230 mm (9.06 in) - 220 mm (8.66 in)
- Front Brake: 2 x Ø 320 mm aluminum flange semi-floating discs, Radial mount Brembo monobloc 4-pistons calipers, Bosch Cornering ABS
- Rear Brake: Ø 265 mm disc, Brembo floating 2 pistons caliper, Bosch Cornering ABS
- Instrumentation: 5’’ TFT colour display
Dimensions and Weights
- Dry Weight: 202 kg (445 lb)
- Kerb Weight: 223 kg (492 lb)
- Seat Height: 875 mm (34.4 in)
- Wheelbase: 1608 mm
- Rake: 27,6°
- Trail: 122 mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 21 l (5.54 US gal)
- Number of Seats: 2
- Safety Equipment: Ducati Safety Pack (Cornering ABS, Ducati Traction Control)
- Standard Equipment: Riding Modes, Power Modes, Ducati Wheelie Control (DWC), Engine Brake Control (EBC), Ducati Quick Shift up/down (DQS), Cruise control, full LED lighting system, DRL, Ducati brake light (DBL), USB power socket, 12V socket, self canceling turn indicators, Steering damper
- Ready for: Ducati Multimedia System (DMS), Antitheft system, Turn by turn navigation via app, fog lights, heated grips, auxiliary fuel tank
- Warranty: 24/48* months, Unlimited mileage. * Only for countries where 4|ever Ducati warranty applies.
- Maintenance Service Intervals: 15,000 km (9,000 miles) / 24 months
- Valve Clearance Check (Desmoservice): 30,000 km (18,000 miles)