The ultimate bike for premium style. FTR R Carbon provides all the power and tech available all bundled with premium style.
- An American Original: Chiseled, muscular, and sophisticated, the FTR R Carbon is the essence of what a motorcycle should look like. Totally inspired by our flat track roots, the very things that make it stylish also make it so incredibly functional. It's not only beautiful standing still.
- Poised For Thrills: The character of a high-revving, liquid-cooled American V-twin is unique, and at the heart of what makes FTR R Carbon remarkable. 120hp and 87 ft-lbs of torque provide a torque curve that's as fat as it is flat, and races effortlessly to its 9000rpm redline.
- 4 Inch Touchscreen Powered By Ride Command: Design detail meets modern function in a class-leading and industry first 4-inch touchscreen powered by RIDE COMMAND, featuring intuitive search navigation with Bluetooth® tethering. What's more, it's completely customizable to your preferences with the touch of a finger.
- The Best Ride Enhancing Tech: Three ride modes (Sport, Standard, Rain) maximize your thrills and Lean Angle Sensitive Stability Control and ABS provide confident, predictable handling in all conditions. Traction control, cornering pre-control, and wheelie mitigation are there too. If your inner demon wants to make things more interesting, Traction Control and Wheelie Mitigation are easily turned off.
- Fully Adjustable Öhlins® Suspension: Fully adjustable Öhlins® front and rear suspension let you dial in your ride to the exact feel you want - keeping you planted on city streets or back roads without sacrificing telepathically light handling.
- Confidence Inspiring Riding Position: Originally designed after our dominant, championship winning FTR 750 flat track racer, the new FTR R Carbon is fully optimized for ultimate street performance, where real riders dominate. Lightweight 17-inch cast wheels front and back are easily flickable and wear super sticky Metzeler Sportec® rubber that glue you to the road.
- Stopping Power: Fully adjustable 43mm upside down front fork and single, exposed rear shock make the FTR R Carbon stand out in the crowd. Massive Brembo 4-piston mono block calipers grab dual 320mm rotors and are specifically tuned for incredible control and braking power. Stoppies are optional, and only two fingers away if you're so inclined.
- It's In The Details: Unmatched fit and finish come courtesy of a premium stitched seat and carbon fiber components throughout. You'll get unmatched comfort - and emotion - every time you sit on it.
- Make FTR R Carbon Your Own: The FTR is the Swiss Army Knife® of the moto world—a versatile and indispensable tool to meet all your two-wheeled needs. And with Genuine Factory Accessories, you can take FTR to yet another level. Whether you're looking for extra performance, premium style, increased comfort, or dedicated function—personalizing is easy and gives you the ability to transform FTR just the way you want it.
Engine & Drivetrain
- Bore x Stroke: 4.016 in x 2.898 in (102 mm x 73.6 mm)
- Compression Ratio: 12.5:1
- Displacement: 73 cu in (1203 cc)
- Drive/Driven Clutch: Assist & Slip, Multi-Plate
- Electronic Fuel Injection System: Closed Loop Fuel Injection / 60 mm Bore
- Engine Type: Liquid Cooled V-Twin
- Exhaust: 2-into-1, Catalyst in collector
- Gear Ratio (1st): 12.270 : 1
- Gear Ratio (2nd): 8.341 : 1
- Gear Ratio (3rd): 6.646 : 1
- Gear Ratio (4th): 5.639 : 1
- Gear Ratio (5th): 4.985 : 1
- Gear Ratio (6th): 4.278 : 1
- Horsepower: 120 hp
- Peak Torque: 87 ft-lbs (118 Nm)
- Peak Torque RPM: 6,000 rpm
- Transmission/Final Drive: 2.647 : 1
- Transmission/Primary Drive: Gear Drive Wet Clutch
- Fuel Capacity: 3.4 gal (12.9 L)
- Ground Clearance: 6.5 in (165 mm)
- GVWR: 948 lb (430 kg)
- Lean Angle: 43°
- Overall Height: 51 in (129.5 cm)
- Overall Length: 87.5 in (2223 mm)
- Overall Width: 32.7 in (830 mm)
- Rake/Trail: 25.3° / 3.9 in (99.9 mm)
- Seat Height: 30.7 in (780 mm)
- Weight (Dry Weight / Running Order): 486 lbs (221 kg) / 518 lbs (235 kg)
- Wheelbase: 60 in (1,524 mm)
- Front Brakes: Brembo Dual 320mm t5 Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper
- Rear Brakes: Brembo Single 260mm t5 Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
Tires / Wheels
- Front Tires: Metzeler Sportec M9 RR 120/70ZR17 58W
- Front Wheel: Cast 17 in x 3.5 in
- Rear Tires: Metzeler Sportec M9 RR 180/55ZR17 73W
- Rear Wheel: Cast 17 in x 5.5 in
- Front Fork Tube Diameter: 43 mm
- Front Suspension: Ohlins Fully Adjustable Inverted Telescopic Cartidge Fork
- Front Travel: 120 mm
- Rear Suspension: Ohlins Fully Adjustable Piggyback IFP
- Rear Travel: 120 mm
- Color / Graphics: Carbon Fiber
- Factory Warranty: 2 Years, Unlimited Miles
- Gauges: N/A
- Infotainment: 4 in Touchscreen powered by RIDE COMMAND. Model year 2023 bikes include a complimentary 1-year trial of RIDE COMMAND+ (after which, fees apply) which includes features like live weather/traffic and intuitive destination search,. Touchscreen display includes real-time clock; ambient air temperature; heading; audio information display; map/navigation; Bluetooth status for phone and headset; vehicle status (voltage, engine hours, oil change); vehicle info (speed, fuel range, RPM, gear position); current ride data (distance, moving time, stop time, altitude, altitude change); trip meters; ride mode selection; screen brightness; and vehicle trouble code readout.
- Lights: LED Headlight, Taillight, Turn Signals
- Standard Equipment: Ride Modes (Rain, Standard, Sport), Lean Angle Sensitive ABS, Stabilitiy Control, Traction Control, Wheelie and rear lift Mitigation, USB Charge Port, Cruise Control