The ultimate performance cruiser thanks to Fox® piggyback rear shocks, inverted KYB® front forks, Brembo® dual disc brakes, 6-inch risers, moto style bars and more.
- Performance Is Given. Respect Is Earned.: Everything about Sport Chief was purpose built from the factory to perform. With premium performance components known across the two-wheeled industry, Sport Chief proves high standards never go out of style. When it comes to performance capability and aggressive style, Sport Chief pushes American V-Twin performance cruisers to the next level.
- Packed With Premium Componentry: Sport Chief is the ultimate performance cruiser in the Indian Motorcycle lineup thanks to proven name brand components: longer Fox® piggyback rear shocks, 46mm KYB® inverted front forks, and dual Brembo® 4 piston calipers with semi-floating 320mm rotors. Confidence comes easy, and head turning style that gets recognized is even easier.
- Ride Harder With Confidence: Building the best doesn't stop at premium suspension and braking components. Putting the rider in the proper position to maximize performance matters too. Thanks to a gunfighter style solo seat with taller bolster, increased 29.5 degree lean angle and mid controls, riders can ride harder and longer with more confidence and comfort.
- Custom Style Command Respect: Sport Chief has a performance style to match all of its ride enhancing components. The new quarter fairing sports a 6.5" windscreen for wind protection and an aggressive look. Contrast cut lightweight cast alloy 19-inch front wheel and stout 16-inch rear wheel set the stance and wear sticky Pirelli® Night Dragon tires, providing both style and control.
- Credit Where Credit Is Due: Raising the bar on performance style means no detail is overlooked. Stylish gloss black 6-inch moto style risers with machine highlights come standard and mean business. Machined triples and moto style handlebars tie it all together, both in custom looks and dialed ergonomics that fit its aggressive style.
- Modern Tech Hidden In Plain Sight: The 4-inch touchscreen maintains a classic aesthetic by disguising itself as an analog gauge. It provides turn-by-turn navigation with connected features like weather and traffic overlays, lets you control ride modes, answer and decline calls, and manage your music from any Bluetooth®-connected device.
- Big Displacement. Big Power: The ultimate performance cruiser needs proven American muscle at its core. The legendary air-cooled Thunderstroke 116 V-twin produces 120 ft-lbs of raw torque that dominates in all 6 gears, giving you the power to leave everything, and everyone, in your exhaust and a haze of tire smoke.
- A Canvas For Customization: We did the hard stuff so riders can make it their own. Sport Chief boasts a classic mechanical design with a simple steel tubed frame, air-cooled V-twin engine, and iconic cruiser styling, making it an invitation to customize. Chopping and bobbing isn't required thanks to a host of factory Indian Motorcycle accessories that install easily for an even more stylish look and increased performance capability.
- All The Features You'd Want Come Standard: There's nothing standard about the game-changing ride amenities every Sport Chief comes with; 3 ride modes (Sport, Standard, Tour), cruise control, keyless ignition, Bosch® ABS, LED Lighting, and a USB charging port.
Engine & Drivetrain
- Bore x Stroke: 4.063 in x 4.449 in (103.2 mm x 113 mm)
- Compression Ratio: 11:1
- Displacement: 116 cu in (1,890 cc)
- Drive/Driven Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Electronic Fuel Injection System: Closed loop fuel injection / 54 mm bore
- Engine Type: Air-cooled Thunderstroke 116
- Exhaust: Dual Exhaust w/ Crossover
- Gear Ratio (1st): 9.403 : 1
- Gear Ratio (2nd): 6.411 : 1
- Gear Ratio (3rd): 4.763 : 1
- Gear Ratio (4th): 3.796 : 1
- Gear Ratio (5th): 3.243 : 1
- Gear Ratio (6th): 2.789 : 1
- Peak Torque: 120 ft-lbs
- Peak Torque RPM: 2,900 rpm
- Transmission/Final Drive: 2.2 : 1
- Transmission/Primary Drive: Gear Drive Wet Clutch
- Fuel Capacity: 4.0 gal (15.1 L)
- Ground Clearance: 5.9 in (149 mm)
- GVWR: 1,160 lbs (526 kg)
- Lean Angle: 29.5°
- Overall Height: 50 in (1270 mm)
- Overall Length: 90.6 in (2,301 mm)
- Overall Width: 33.1 in (842 mm)
- Rake/Trail: 28° / 4.4 in (111 mm)
- Seat Height: 27.0 in (686 mm)
- Weight (As Shipped / Running Order): 665 lbs (302 kg) / 685 lbs (311 kg)
- Wheelbase: 64.6 in (1640 mm)
- Front Brakes: Dual Brembo® / 320mm Semi-Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper
- Rear Brakes: Single / 300mm Semi-Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
Tires / Wheels
- Front Tires: Pirelli® Night Dragon 130/60B19 61H
- Front Wheel: Sport Cast Black 19 in x 3.5 in
- Rear Tires: Pirelli® Night Dragon 180/65 B16 81H
- Rear Wheel: Sport Cast Black 16 in x 5 in
- Front Fork Tube Diameter: 43 mm
- Front Suspension: KYB® Inverted Telescopic Fork
- Front Travel: 5.1 in (130 mm)
- Rear Suspension: Dual Fox® Piggyback Shocks
- Rear Travel: 4.0 in (100 mm)
- Color / Graphics: Black Smoke, Ruby Smoke, Stealth Gray Icon: Spirit Blue Smoke
- Factory Warranty: 2 Years, Unlimited Miles
- Gauges: Speedometer, Tachometer, Odometer, fuel gauge, compass, ambient temperature, Gear indicator
- Infotainment: 4 in Touchscreen powered by RIDE COMMAND. Model year 2023 bikes include a complimentary 1-year trial of RIDE COMMAND+ (after which, fees apply) which includes features like live weather/traffic and intuitive destination search,. Touchscreen display includes real-time clock; ambient air temperature; heading; audio information display; map/navigation; Bluetooth status for phone and headset; vehicle status (voltage, engine hours, oil change); vehicle info (speed, fuel range, RPM, gear position); current ride data (distance, moving time, stop time, altitude, altitude change); trip meters; ride mode selection; screen brightness; and vehicle trouble code readout.
- Lights: LED Headlight, LED Tail/Brake/Turn Signals
- Standard Equipment: ABS, Ride Modes, Keyless Ignition, USB charge port, 12V Charge Port, Rear Cylinder Deactivation