The Rocket 3 GT delivers astonishing performance and presence, incredible comfort, laid-back cruiser riding attitude, supreme touring capability, all while heralding the genesis of a motorcycle legend.
This is an class-creating riding experience, with the largest engine capacity ever seen on a production motorcycle and unparalleled world-leading torque figures that are an amazing 71% higher than the closest competition. An incredibly flat, rich torque curve reaches its peak at 4,000 rpm and holds maximum torque all the way through the mid-range to deliver effortless acceleration and response in any gear.
Peak power is 165 HP at 6,000 rpm (11% up on the previous generation), so the Rocket 3 offers a thrilling ride with more power from a low 3,500 rpm and all the way up to a higher redline of 7,000 rpm. It also features the most advanced technology and highest level of specification ever seen on a Rocket.
All these attributes contribute to the Rocket 3 GT's sublime touring capability and comfort for every day, any gear, easy riding. As a pure Triumph original, the Rocket 3 GT is the pinnacle in style, muscular presence and finish... and you can further enhance this incredible ride with over 50 custom Rocket 3 accessories adding even more style, practicality and touring capability.
- Signature Twin LED Headlight: The Rocket 3 GT's signature twin LED headlight has beautiful Triumph maker's mark triangle branding and DRL (Daytime Running Light) where allowed.
- Intricate 20-Spoke Wheels: 20-spoke wheels with a 17" x 3.5" front and 16" x 3.5" rear are made of lightweight cast aluminum in a contemporary design with exposed machining on both the rim and spokes.
- Torque Assist Hydraulic Clutch: Lighter clutch action reduces clutch lever effort to deliver more rider comfort and control.
- Comfortable Tailored Pillion & Rider Seats: The Rocket 3 GT's sculpted touring rider and pillion saddle setup delivers a clean, flowing line across the bike. It comes with cast aluminum finishers underneath the rider seat, which is set at a low 29.52 inches for easy accessibility and optimum control.
- Height Adjustable Pillion Backrest: Enhancing its touring capability even further, the Rocket 3 GT also benefits from a height adjustable brushed aluminum pillion backrest as standard.
- Extended Fly Screen: For improved wind protection and enhanced touring capability, the Rocket 3 GT is equipped with an extended fly screen as standard.
- Heated Grips: Fitted as standard to the Rocket 3 GT, heated grips are activated by pushing the heated grip button on the left hand grip. There are two heat modes, which are conveniently indicated on the TFT instrument display.
- Adjustable Ergonomics: Designed with ergonomics to deliver maximum comfort and accommodate every rider, the Rocket 3 GT offers feet forward foot controls with three horizontal position settings for rider preference and an adjustable pillion backrest for pillion convenience.
- Stylish Internally Wired Handlebars: The Rocket 3 GT's touring-style handlebars deliver a unique muscular feel and commanding riding position.
- Class-Defining Finish & Detailing: Enhancing the Rocket 3 GT's incredible aesthetics are a host of premium details including a muscular sculpted gas tank featuring central recess, brushed stainless steel tank strap with Monza-style cap, brushed aluminum airbox cover, and brushed aluminum Monza-style coolant and oil caps.
- Hidden Folding Footrests: The unique fully foldaway pillion footrests can be hidden from view when not in use, to further enhance the Rocket 3 GT's clean, minimal rear end.
- Five-Gallon Gas Tank: At five gallons, the Rocket 3 GT has a large tank capacity for great touring capability.
- Two Beautiful Color Options: The Rocket 3 GT is available in Phantom Black or two-tone Silver Ice & Storm Grey color options.
Engine & Transmission
- Type: Inline 3-cylinder, water-cooled, DOHC
- Capacity: 2458 cc
- Bore: 110.2
- Stroke: 85.9
- Compression: 10.8:1
- Max Power EC: 165 HP (123 kW) @ 6,000rpm
- Max Torque EC: 163 LB-FT @ 4,000rpm
- System: Ride-by-Wire, fuel injected
- Exhaust: Stainless 3-into-1 headers with 3 exit silencer / CAT box
- Final Drive: Shaft, bevel box
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate hydraulically operated, torque-assist
- Gearbox: 6-speed
- Frame: Full aluminium frame
- Swingarm: Single-sided, cast aluminium
- Front Wheel: 17 x 3.5in cast aluminium
- Rear Wheel: 16 x 7.5in cast aluminium
- Front Tire: 150/80 R17 V
- Rear Tire: 240/50 R16 V
- Front Suspension: Showa 47mm upside-down 1 1 cartridge front forks, compression and rebound adjuster, 4.7in (120mm) travel
- Rear Suspension: Fully adjustable Showa piggyback reservoir RSU with remote hydraulic preload adjuster, 4.2in (107mm) rear wheel travel.
- Front Brakes: Dual 320mm discs, Brembo M4.30 Stylema® 4-piston radial monobloc calipers, Cornering ABS
- Rear Brakes: Single 300mm disc, Brembo M4.32 4-piston monobloc caliper, Cornering ABS
- Instrument Display and Functions: TFT multi-functional instrument pack with digital speedometer, trip computer, digital tachometer, gear position indicator, fuel gauge, service indicator, ambient temperature, clock and rider modes (Rain/Road/Sport/Rider-configurable) - Triumph TFT Connectivity System can be added with accessory fitted Bluetooth module
Dimensions & Weights
- Width Handlebars: 35in (889mm)
- Height Without Mirror: 41.9in (1065 mm
- Seat Height: 30.4in (773mm)
- Wheelbase: 66in (1677 mm)
- Rake: 27.9 º
- Trail: 5.3in (134.9mm)
- Dry Weight: 641.5lb (291kg)
- Tank Capacity: 4.8 US gal