The ultimate Scrambler, and the real deal for road and full-on off-road adventures. The new 1200 XE has the capability to take the rough with the smooth.
- 1200cc Engine: Updated with a dedicated scrambler tune, for a smooth, torque-rich delivery from the iconic 1200 cc Bonneville twin.
- Enhanced Twin High Level Exhaust: The deep, scrambler tune from the signature twin high-level exhaust now features improved heat distribution for enhanced rider comfort.
- Class Leading Technology: Cruise control, ride-by-wire, Scrambler-specific riding modes, ABS and easy-to-read TFT instruments bring class-leading technology to this modern classic.
- Riding Modes: In addition to the Road, Rain, Sport, Off-Road and Rider-Configurable riding modes, the XE features ‘Off-Road Pro' for full on Scrambler fun.
- Full Color TFT: Easy to read in all light conditions, the Scrambler's advanced full-color TFT display can be configured to suit you and your riding needs.
- Illuminated Switches: Intuitively designed, the Scrambler's switches are backlit for easy, at-a-glance rider control, perfect for even the darkest adventures.
- Specification & Capability: The Scrambler's category-dominating specification and high-end equipment deliver all-road capability for an adventure riding experience like no other.
- Dedicated Scrambler Frame: The dedicated frame and long travel aluminum swing arm are designed for pure scrambler performance when the going gets tough.
- Optimized Cornering: Optimized cornering traction control and ABS, supported by an IMU, deliver the optimum performance at all lean angles, for a class-leading and confidence-inspiring ride.
- Class-Leading Suspension: Premium Showa forks and twin spring Öhlins RSUs give 7.87 inches of wheel travel (9.84 inches on the XE) for precise, comfortable and confident riding on all surfaces.
- Premium Braking: Category-leading Brembo Monobloc M50 front calipers with twin 320mm floating discs and ABS deliver assured braking power in all conditions.
- Frame: Tubular steel with aluminum cradle
- Swingarm: Twin-sided, aluminum
- Front Suspension: Showa 47mm fully adjustable upside down forks, 250mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Fully adjustable Ohlins twin shocks with piggy back reservoir, 250mm rear wheel travel
- Front Wheel: Tubeless 36-spoke 21 x 2.15in, aluminum rims
- Rear Wheel: Tubeless 32-spoke 17 x 4.25in, aluminum rims
- Front Brakes: Twin 320mm Brembo discs, Brembo M50 4-piston radial monobloc calipers, ABS
- Rear Brakes: Single 255mm disc, Brembo 2-piston floating caliper, ABS
- Instrument Display and Functions: TFT multifunctional instrument pack with digital speedometer, trip computer, digital tachometer, gear position indicator, fuel gauge, service indicator, clock and rider modes (Rain/Road/Sport/Off-road/Rider-Customisable)
- Front Tire: 90/90-21
- Rear Tire: 150/70 R17
Engine & Transmission
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 8 valve, SOHC, 270° crank angle parallel-twin
- Capacity: 1200 cc
- Bore: 3.84 in. (97.6 mm)
- Stroke: 3.15 in. (80 mm)
- Compression: 11.0:1
- Max Power EC: 89Hp (66.2kW) @7,400rpm
- Max Torque EC: 81.1 FT-lb. (110Nm) @ 3,950 rpm
- System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection
- Exhaust: Brushed 2 into 2 exhaust system with brushed high level silencers
- Final Drive: X ring chain
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate assist clutch
- Gearbox: 6-speed
- Fuel Consumption: 51.1 mpg (4.6 L / 100km)
- CO2 Figures: 120.35 g/km EPA Procedure CO2 emissions and fuel consumption data are measured according to regulation 40 CFR Part 86 Subpart F. Figures for fuel consumption are derived from specific test conditions and are for comparative purposes only. They may not reflect real driving results.
- Fuel Consumption: 4.9 l/100km (58 MPG)
- CO2 Figures: 113.0 g/km
Dimensions & Weights
- Width Handlebars: 35.6 in. (905mm)
- Height Without Mirror: 49.2 in. (1250mm)
- Seat Height: 34.2 in. (870mm)
- Wheelbase: 61.8 in. (1570mm)
- Rake: 26.9 º
- Trail: 5.09 in. (129.2mm)
- Dry Weight: 456 lb. (207kg)
- Tank Capacity: 4.2 US gal. (16L)