Fully-loaded with technology, the new 7.9 US gallon tank GT Explorer brings unprecedented practicality, comfort, and capability to the road-focused adventure motorcycle category.
- 7.9-Us Gallon Fuel Tank: The GT Explorer's 7.9-US gallon fuel tank gives a 50% greater range than the GT and GT Pro, making it the ideal touring choice, while maintaining all of the GT's exceptional low-speed balance and maneuverability.
- All-New Engine: Unique T-Plane triple engine blends the low-speed capability of a twin with the top-end performance of a triple, combined with an all-new lightweight shaft drive to set the new benchmark for character.
- Blind-Spot Radar: A major safety innovation developed in partnership with Continental, the GT Explorer benefits from an all-new rear-mounted radar that gives you both Blind Spot Assist and Lane Change Assist features.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System: Standard fit on the GT Explorer for enhanced rider safety and convenience, the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) delivers real-time information and rider peace of mind.
- Hill Hold Control: Simple to activate and easy to use, this key adventure technology feature automatically prevents the bike from rolling backwards on steep inclines. Switchable via the bike setup menu for total rider control.
- Heated Rider And Pillion Seats: The GT Explorer is fitted with heated rider and pillion seats as standard for all-weather comfort on every journey, with multiple temperature settings and independent rider and pillion adjustment.
- Engine Protection Bars: Sturdy engine bars offer excellent protection, with a contemporary design and even more adventure style, perfectly complementing the stylish lightweight tubular frame.
- Adaptive Lighting: Innovative, maintenance-free, LED adaptive cornering lights, Daytime Running Light, and auxiliary lights enhance visibility, safety, and riding enjoyment.
- Five Advanced Riding Modes: Rain, Road, Sport, Off-Road and a configurable ‘Rider' mode adjust throttle, traction control, ABS and suspension settings to suit all conditions, terrain and rider preferences for enhanced comfort and control.
- Improved Rider Ergonomics: The Explorer's agility has to be ridden to be believed. The narrow seat and tank shape give increased confidence and improved all-road control. Revised footrest and handlebar position enhance all-day comfort.
Engine & Transmission
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, inline 3-cylinder
- Capacity: 1160 cc
- Bore: 3.54"
- Stroke: 2.38"
- Compression: 13.2:1
- Max Power EC: 147 HP / 150PS (110.4kW) @ 9,000rpm
- Max Torque EC: 130 NM - 95 Lb/Ft @ 7,000 rpm
- System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with electronic throttle control
- Exhaust: Stainless steel 3 into 1 header system with underslung primary silencer and side mounted secondary silencer
- Final Drive: Shaft drive
- Clutch: Hydraulic, wet, multi-plate, slip and assist
- Gearbox: 6 speed
- Frame: Tubular steel frame, with forged aluminium outriggers. Fabricated, bolt-on aluminium rear subframe.
- Swingarm: Twin sided "Tri-Link" aluminium swingarm with twin aluminium torque arms.
- Front Wheel: Cast aluminium, 19 x 3.0in
- Rear Wheel: Cast aluminium, 18 x 4.25in
- Front Tire: Metzeler Tourance, 120/70R19 (M/C 60V TL)
- Rear Tire: Metzeler Tourance, 150/70R18 (M/C 70V TL)
- Front Suspension: Showa 49mm, semi-active damping USD forks. 7.87" travel.
- Rear Suspension: Showa semi-active damping monoshock, with automatic electronic preload adjustment. 7.87" wheel travel.
- Front Brakes: Brembo M4.30 Stylema monoblock radial calipers, OC-ABS, twin 320mm floating discs. Magura HC1 span adjustable radial master cylinder with separate reservoir.
- Rear Brakes: Brembo single piston caliper, OC-ABS, single 282mm disc. Rear master cylinder with remote reservoir.
- Instrument Display and Functions: Full-colour 7 in. TFT instrument pack with My Triumph Connectivity System
Dimensions & Weights
- Width Handlebars: Handlebars 33.42", handguards 38.66"
- Height Without Mirror: Low screen 56.53", high screen 58.93"
- Seat Height: Adjustable 33.46/34.52"
- Wheelbase: 61.41"
- Rake: 24.1 º
- Trail: 4.72"
- Tank Capacity: 7.92 US Gal
- Wet Weight: 562lb.
- Service Interval: 10,000 miles (16,000 km) /12 months, whichever comes first