Fresh 24k service and new Dunlop Roadsmart IV tires.
Super clean other than tip over damage on left side, pictured.
Gran Turismo. Travel in big style. That means combining dynamic performance and comfort - and transforming distance into free space. BMW Motorrad's vision was the essence of this philosophy - the pure sense of Gran Turismo. This vision has taken shape in the K 1600 GT.
The in-line 6-cylinder engines by BMW are legendary. Now more compact than ever before, 1,649 cc, 160 hp and a maximum torque of 129 lb/ft. The facts are impressive. But the riding experience is even more inspiring. The transversely installed engine delivers an extraordinary level of dynamic performance as well as refined running smoothness.
If the rider is in the mood for sport, the engine willingly puts in a burst of speed even in the lower engine speed range, and it is in its element over high-speed stretches. Over 70% of the maximum torque is available from just 1500 rpm.
While the bike's power reserves are huge, its dimensions are reduced. Never was a large-volume in-line 6-cylinder so compact, offering outstanding handling and increased banking freedom. And a whole new touring bike feel.
For better visibility going into bends, the GT presents a world premiere for motorcycles: the optionally available adaptive headlight. It not only increases the exclusivity but also the active safety of the machine. Vision fulfilled.
The K 1600 GT. UNSTOPPABLE TOUR.
- Type: Oil-/watercooled 4-stroke in-line 6-cylinder engine, two overhead camshafts, four valves per cylinder
- Bore x stroke: 72 mm x 67.5 mm
- Capacity: 1,649 cc
- Rated output: 160 hp at 7,750 rpm
- Max. torque: 129 lb/ft at 5,250 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.2 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic intake pipe injection, digital engine management (BMS-X)
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-3
Performance / Fuel Consumption
- Maximum speed: Over 125 mph
- Fuel consumption per 100 km at constant 90 km/h: 52 mpg at a constant 56 mph
- Fuel type: Premium Unleaded
- Alternator: Three-phase alternator 580 W
- Battery: 12 V / 19 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Multi-plate clutch in oil bath, hydraulic activation
- Gearbox: 6-speed, helical gears
- Drive: Enclosed driveshaft
Chassis / Brakes
- Frame: Bridge-type frame, cast aluminum, load-bearing engine
- Front wheel location / suspension: BMW Motorrad Duolever; central spring strut
- Rear wheel location / suspension: BMW Motorrad Paralever
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.9 / 5.3 in. (125mm / 135 mm)
- Wheelbase: 66.1 in. (1,680 mm)
- Castor: 4.3 in. (108.4 mm)
- Steering head angle: 62.2 deg.
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17 in.
- Rim, rear: 6.00 x 17 in.
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 190/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Dual disc brake, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston fixed calipers
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 320 mm, double-piston caliper
- ABS: STANDARD (part integral)
Dimensions / Weights
- Length: 91.5 in. (2,324 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 39.4 in. (1,000 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 56.7 in. (1,440 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: 31.9/32.7 in. (adjustable seat height) Standard; variable seat heights available between 29.5 in. and 32.7 in. (available as accessories and/or factory options, see an authorized BMW Motorrad dealer)
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: 72.0/73.6 in. (adjustable seat height) Standard; variable inner leg curve (inseam) between 67.7 and 73.6 in. (seats available as accessories and/or factory options, see an authorized BMW Motorrad dealer)
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 732 lb.
- Dry weight: 679 lb.
- Permitted total weight: 1191 lb.
- Payload (with standard equipment): 459 lb.
- Usable tank volume: 7.0 gal.
- Reserve: Approx. 1 gal.