Fresh service with new oil and filter, brake fluid flush, new belts, battery and tires.
A raised set-up, forged Marchesini rims, fully adjustable suspensions with an ultralight Marzocchi aluminum yoke and Öhlins rear shock absorber for an extraordinary dry weight of 171 kg. ABS and Ducati Traction Control as standard, so you can concentrate on having a good time. And the incredible Ducati Corse livery underlines the fact that the Hypermotard SP is an uncompromisingly sporty bike, ready to face any challenge.
The new Hypermotard family has done it again with the latest design which offers, as with the first version, a stunning looking bike that is a joy to ride. The original dirtbike-inspired look has become even more daring thanks to the visibly higher ground clearance, the high and tapered tail and the narrow sides. These are the design elements that characterize the new version and which have been created for a motorbike that can be used for urban commuting, touring or for a thrilling day-out on the track.
Although maintaining the typical hand protectors of off-road models, the new Hypermotard offers redesigned rear-view mirrors in order to blend in perfectly with the model’s clean design and the need to use it in the city. The attention paid to the flow of the lines has allowed the essential and minimalist image of this family to be maintained, despite the complexity of integrating the new Ducati 821 cc Testastretta 11° water-cooled engine.
The new Hypermotard family therefore stands out because of its proportions, ergonomics and practicality, besides being equipped with the latest Ducati technology. While the Hypermotard and Hypermotard SP versions faithfully maintain an essential Supermotard look, the Hyperstrada model seems less extreme and has specific features aimed at touring.
The Hypermotard SP, the most extreme model in the family, echoes all the technical features of the Hypermotard but takes them to the next level to satisfy the most proficient and demanding riders who want to ride at peak performance. This is possible in complete safety as the Hypermotard SP is equipped with the Ducati Safety Pack (DSP) including ABS and DTC as standard. The SP model, in pure racing style, is equipped with dedicated Riding Modes as well as top-of-the-range suspension, to guarantee a real Supermotard set-up. With 210 mm ground clearance and a thrilling lean angle that can reach 47.5°, the "meanest" model in the Hypermotard family guarantees sheer enjoyment.
- Type: Testastretta 11 deg., L-Twin cylinder, 4 valve per cylinder, Desmodromic, liquid cooled
- Displacement: 821.1 cc
- Bore x Stroke: 88 x 67.5 mm
- Compression ratio: 12.8:1
- Power: 110 hp (81 kW) @ 9250 rpm
- Torque: 65.8 lb.ft. (89 Nm) @ 7750 rpm
- Fuel injection: Electronic fuel injection system. Throttle bodies with full Ride by Wire system
- Exhaust: Single stainless steel muffler with catalytic converter and two lambda probes.
- Gearbox: 6 speed
- Primary drive: Straight cut gears, Ratio 1.85:1
- Ratio: 1=37/15 2=30/17 3=28/20 4=26/22 5=24/23 6=23/24
- Final drive: Chain, Front sprocket 15, Rear sprocket 45
- Clutch: Slipper and self-servo wet multiplate clutch mechanically operated
- Frame: Tubular steel Trellis frame
- Front suspension: Marzocchi 50 mm pressurized and fully adjustable usd fork with hard anodized aluminum lightweight slider
- Front wheel: 3-spoke in forged light alloy 3.50 x 17
- Front tire: Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP 120/70 ZR17
- Rear suspension: Progressive linkage with fully adjustable Ohlins monoshock. Aluminum single-sided swingarm
- Rear wheel: 3-spoke forged light alloy 5.50 x 17
- Rear tire: Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP 180/55 ZR17
- Front wheel travel: 185 mm (7.3 in.)
- Rear wheel travel: 175 mm (6.9 in.)
- Front brake: 2 x 320 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Monobloc Brembo calipers, 4-piston 2-pad, axial pump with adjustable lever, ABS 9MP as standard
- Rear brake: 245 mm disc, 2-piston caliper, ABS 9MP as standard
- Instrumentation: Multifunction digital dashboard with white backlight, composed of LCD segments for rev counter and a Dot-Matrix area for all other information: odometer (total, trip 1 and trip2), speedometer, clock, coolant temperature, selected riding mode, current fuel consumption, average fuel consumption, average speed, air temperature, trip time, maintenance intervals indicator (Km), errors detection (diagnosis), setup menu and customization functions. Interface for the management of Riding Modes (ABS, throttle response power, traction control). Lights: oil pressure, neutral N, fuel warning, turn signal, EOBD (diagnosis), high beam, DTC intervention (Traction Control) and deterrent immobilizer (in Key-Off). Headlight control: auto switching-off during engine start, auto turning-off after 60 seconds from Key-On without starting the engine, hazard lights. The key management of the various function menus are integrated in the left and right switch controls.
Dimensions and Weight
- Dry weight: 171 kg (377 lb.)
- Wet weight (KERB): 194 kg (428 lb.)
- Seat height: 890 mm (35.0 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,505 mm (59.3 in.)
- Rake: 25.5 deg.
- Trail: 104 mm (4.1 in.)
- Fuel tank capacity: 16 L - 4.2 gal. (US)
- Number of Seats: Dual seat
- Standard Equipment: Riding Modes, Power Modes, Ducati Safety Pack (ABS + DTC), RbW. Marchesini forged rims, tapered aluminium handlebars, carbon fibre components: front mudguard, cam belt covers. Ready for anti-theft system, heated grips, sat-nav
- Warranty: 2 years unlimited mileage
- Maintenance service intervals: 15,000 km (9,000 mi)/12 months
- Valve clearance check: 30,000 km (18,000 mi)