Tribute to the twin cylinder engine
With the 1299 Panigale R Final Edition, Ducati celebrates the twin cylinder engine that marked the history of the Superbike World Championship. From Marco Lucchinelli’s first victory with the 851 in 1988 at the first race in the history of the World Superbike Championship, to 2017 with the victories of Chaz Davies and Marco Melandri on the Panigale R, the twin cylinder from Borgo Panigale has always been a top performer of the Superbike Championship.
A collector’s item
The 1299 Panigale R Final Edition is produced in a numbered, unlimited series, and represents the perfect mix between high performance engine and racing chassis. The new livery, red rims and titanium exhaust make the 1299 Panigale R Final Edition a unique, collectible bike.
The most powerful twin cylinder
The Final Edition Superquadro engine is derived from the 1299 Superleggera engine with 209 hp at 11,000 rpm and 14.5 kgm at 9,000 rpm. Thanks to the very high power and dry weight of just 168 kg, the Final Edition achieves a power to weight ratio of 1.24 hp/kg.
Making the most of competition experience, a number of advanced electronic control systems have been developed that optimise engine response and chassis dynamics in every situation.
When the end tells the whole story
This is the celebration of the twin cylinder Ducati Superbike legacy. We combined the most advanced aluminium monocoque chassis with our most powerful Superquadro engine to create the Panigale 1299 R Final Edition. For passionate riders ready to own the strongest part of Ducati's V-twin history, complete with celebratory livery and numbered billet top yoke.
- Type: Superquadro: L-twin cylinder, 4 valve per cylinder, Desmodromic, liquid cooled
- Displacement: 1,285 cc
- Bore x Stroke: 116 x 60.8 mm
- Compression ratio: 13.0:1
- Power: 154 kW (209.4 hp) @ 11.000 rpm
- Torque: 142.0 Nm (104.7 lb-ft) @ 9.000 rpm
- Fuel injection: Mitsubishi electronic fuel injection system. Twin injectors per cylinder. Full Ride-by-Wire elliptical throttle bodies with aerodynamic valve and optimized trumpets
- Exhaust: 2-1-2 system, primary tubes in titanium. Twin titanium mufflers. 2 lambda probes and 2 catalytic converters
- Gearbox: 6 speed with DQS Ducati Quick Shift up/down
- Primary drive: Straight cut gears, Ratio 1.77:1
- Ratio: 1=37/15 2=30/16 3=27/18 4=25/20 5=24/22 6=23/24
- Final drive: Chain; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 39
- Clutch: Hydraulically controlled slipper/self-servo wet multiplate clutch
- Frame: Monocoque aluminum
- Front suspension: Öhlins NIX30 43 mm fully adjustable usd fork with TiN treatment
- Front wheel: 3 spoke W shape forged light alloy 3.50 in. x 17 in.
- Front Tyre: 120/70 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP
- Rear suspension: Fully adjustable Öhlins TTX36 unit, adjustable linkage: progressive/flat. Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Rear wheel: 3 spoke W shape forged light alloy 6.00 in. x 17 in.
- Rear tyre: 200/55 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP
- Front wheel travel: 120mm (4.72 in.)
- Rear wheel travel: 130mm (5.12 in.)
- Front brake: 2 x 330mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo Monobloc M50- 4piston callipers with cornering ABS as standard equipment
- Rear brake: 245mm disc, 2-piston caliper with cornering ABS as standard equipment
- Instrumentation: Color TFT Display
Dimensions and Weight
- Dry weight: 168 kg (370 lb.)
- Wet weight (KERB): 190 kg (418 lb.)
- Seat height: 830mm (32.68 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1443mm (56.77 in.)
- Rake: 24 deg.
- Trail: 96mm (3.78 in.)
- Fuel tank capacity: 17 L - 4.5 gal. (US)
- Number of seats: Single seat
- Standard Equipment: Riding Modes, Power Modes, Ducati Safety Pack (Cornering ABS Bosch + DTC EVO), Ducati Quickshift (DQS) up/down, Ducati Traction Control EVO (DTC EVO), Ducati Wheelie Control EVO (DWC EVO), Engine Brake Control (EBC), Fully Ride by Wire (RbW), Ducati Data Analyzer (DDA+) with GPS and lean angle acquisition, Auto tyre calibration, Rapid setting DTC, DWC, EBC, Titanium connecting rods and valves, Balanced crankshaft, Lithium-ion battery, Auxiliary adjustment buttons, Forged Marchesini aluminium wheels, Akrapovic homologated full titanium exhaust
- Additional equipments: Racing windshield, Machined mirror block-off plates, License plate mount removal plug
- Maintenance service intervals: 7,500m / 12 months
- Valve clearance check: 15,000m - street use